I honestly believe that Medium is the best platform for writers on the entire internet. However, I also know that it can be really hard for new writers to gain traction here.
As someone who has been on Medium for a few years, I want to help. About a month ago, I offered free feedback for anyone trying to grow on Medium. It went well, so I’ve decided to do it again.
As I said last time: “There are already thousands of great posts about how to succeed here. However, in my opinion, nothing beats personalized feedback. So, that’s exactly what I’m offering, for free.”
If you want feedback on your profile and stories, simply leave a reply to this post. I’ll then take a look at your profile, and offer any suggestions I have that could help you grow. Often new writers are making small mistakes that could drastically change their readership numbers. I can help you spot them.
I’ll be providing the feedback via video on my YouTube channel. Last time I did this as a livestream, but this time around I’m just going to record feedback and post it. This way I can give more people a chance to participate.
A Few Notes
- I’ll be pulling up your profile in my feedback videos, so please only request feedback if you’re okay with that.
- This is completely, 100% free. I’m just doing it because it’s a fun way to help newer Medium writers. I owe a lot to the Medium community, and this is my way to give back.
- The feedback is geared towards being constructive, so I won’t necessarily be patting you on the back a lot, but I’m also not going to be a jerk about it. This is about building writers up, not tearing them down.
- What are my qualifications? I’ve been writing on Medium for over two years and do fairly well here. I used to post just once or twice a week, but for the past few months I’ve been trying hard to expand my own readership, with great results. I also have experience as an associate editor of a top law review, as a submissions reader for a literary magazine, and as a teacher, all of which I think will help me to help you.
- There’s no deadline on this. I’ll keep providing feedback as long as anyone keeps asking for it. Expect me to take up to a week or so to get back to you though!
Update — 2/22/21: Feedback for the first two profiles is now up, and I think it’s got a few points that many new writers might benefit from. You can watch it here.
Update — 2/24/21: Feedback for the next two profiles are up now too. Watch here!
If you want feedback, just leave a reply to this post! I’m looking forward to checking out your profile!